Gaming thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Serenity Bay
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 pm by Vadagun

» Welcome to GamersThoughts
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 pm by CharmKitter

» Text Messages
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:47 pm by CharmKitter

» Dinner Date?
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:11 pm by Aglaia Lennox

» Cass vs Detective
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 am by OnlytheStrong

» Email Game Character Interation Page (EGCIP)
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 pm by Aglaia Lennox

» The Nomads
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 pm by OnlytheStrong

» Regions of the World (and cities located in them)
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:45 am by OnlytheStrong

» City of Jarew
Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm by OnlytheStrong

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Serenity Bay

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Valerius04

Serenity Bay  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 am

(18+4=22 Spot check)
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:04 am

Val:

Vad:
Back to top Go down
Valerius04

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

(7+9skill=16 Total)
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Val:
Back to top Go down
Vadagun

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Vad looks toward the front the bar to see what she is looking at. (roll 10 + 2 spot check = 12)
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Vad:
Back to top Go down
Valerius04

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Val looked back at Vad to ask if he had seen that but knew he hadn't after following his line of sight and see him looking at a very beautiful woman."After we take care of this first thing I'm heading to the libaery there is something I need to check. I have a feeling we did not come to this place alone." to Vad in a mix of Draconic,celecstial,and abyssal. He turned and countined to walk in to the common room of the inn."Barmaid, do you know when the libary opens and closes near by?" He asked the one that Vad had first been staring at.
Back to top Go down
Vadagun

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:15 pm

After seeing the woman coming towards him, Vad thinks to himself "Oh No...what's with all the temptation!" Vadagun then looks down for a moment, takes a deep breath, and then looks back up at the woman "Uhhhh Hi." His eye's shift away from the woman for a moment and then back to her "Can I uhhhh help you?"
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 am

Update: Group was surprised by a pack of Barghest attacking a young lady, they followed them into the local graveyard. They did battle against four skellies. After defeating them, an astral projection of an old friend from their home plane, a cleric by the name of Malee. The players received info on a possible necromancer that could cause major problems for them. The next day, the players contacted the capt of the guard and new light was shed on Val's vision. A high ranking council member had an assassination attempt on her life, the archer's arrow missed her and hit the priest during her wedding of all places. A couple of side quests picked up to get a weapon forged and new robes purchased.

During the day you hear news about other goings on in the city. A company is building a new ship and looking to hire sailors. Postings going up for different odd jobs. The grand opening of the new museum is going to be held and all of the public is invited to look at the displays. The bardic group known as "The Pan's Pipers" will be preforming. Note: Plz check the first page to see if there are any job postings you would like to do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Tumble, it could save your life   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 pm

During the last few sessions, our players have come across new information to help in their quest for an assassin and why exactly they were sent to this plane.

First, old business. All side quests have been completed except, of course the quest for answers in who is responsible for the attack on Lady Julia.

New developments
More questions seem to come up as new light is shed on her attacker, an unknown force seems to be feeding Val with visions of bits and pieces of when Julia was attacked seen through the eyes of the attacker to seeing flashes of a meeting between Julia and her advisers after yet another attempt at her life.

Strange symbols being written in the sand in old dragonic script and undead popping up in different places now are leaving some uneasy. Our own Vad even had an encounter with a hooded fellow outside the bar.

A new mystery pops up during another odd job Vad took on at the docks. Paragon Inc is showing off their new purchase of the ship named Desire. As our half gold dragon moved barrels onto the newly restored ship he accidentally found it not only full of veggies but short swords? Where are these weapons going? And more importantly why are they in a barrel with the squash?

A visit to the graveyard to retrieve a widows ring, gives way to a new party member. Seems group of goblins was hired to break into a mausoleum of a well known warrior and an unlucky Pally and his young recruit got jumped. Those green devils tied up the recruit and buried him under ground under the floor boards, taking the Pally with them.

Lucky for the Pally though, our heros went after the captured the "holy man". Again, coming back with interesting info, finding that the goblins had maps and charts of some of the buildings in town and of all things the sewer system.

Last night...

After receiving a odd letter and an assassin attempt on our players they were summoned to meet someone outside the town in the forest after dusk. So makes sense right? Its always after the sun goes down and in a forest..

Deciding to try to get info about the Desire, it took our players to the docks. They met the over-stuffed jerk Donald of Paragon company. Val not taking a liking to only being offered a position in the ship's galley he decides to take a shot just to scare the second in command only to encounter that someone cast a shield around Donald.

The pally noticing the divine spell and the caster getting away, a chase commences. Leading them to the library of all places. Pally and Val deciding to go in through the front while Vad enters through the skylight following the caster. Tying knots, lets just say, is not Vad's strongest skill and was shown as he fell 50 ft down into the center of the restricted area of the library.

They met the caster that protected the pompous a** Donald, an imp calling herself Flower. The child like imp simply stated when questioned why she protected him from attack by saying it wasn't the right time yet. Learning more that she has been writing about our heros unbeknownst to them in a book.
Puzzling most of all the Pally knowing that most imps are evil this one is showing not evil after he casts his detect evil spell.

She seems to know more than she is telling and also somehow knows the temple deity of the Pally.

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: It was a bash, a vampire bash   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Vampire's are a funny sort of creature. They seem so civilized, until dinner is served. The heroes encountered a new member to their group. A humble rogue who instead of cutting purse strings and running a muck was actually trying to rescue someone. Of course it was family, her sister, but none the less not there for personal gain. Deities love that kinda stuff. Makes them feel all warm and fuzzy, so granting the small rogue a boost while in a vampire fight seemed to be appropriate, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Rule number 34: Don't trust a man who requests you met him in the woods, at night.

The "concerned father" turned out to be less than truthful, the daughter that was supposedly killed wasn't dead at all. She in so many words, went willingly and joined them, becoming a vampire herself.

So the party sat scratching their heads, what purpose would it gain to have them crash a vampire party to avenge someone that wasn't really dead?

The host of the party, a Lord Nickolas, shed some light on the mystery under the revealing a cult, calling themselves The Black Hand maybe be involved. It uncovered that the same symbol that was found at the campsite where they met The Pally and with the goblins at the graveyard is the symbol the Black Hand wears. A noble vampire, only assisting because the Black Hand isn't exactly a welcome presence among the vampire nation.

As the party was speaking with Lord Nickolas, the halfing rogue located her kidnapped sister and was captured. Running out of the ball, the players followed, and without boring you with the details. Black Hand 0..Players 1 for this round.

Will Val and Vad figure out who summoned them all the way out to this plane? Will The Pally figure out what to name himself? Stay tuned! Next session is planned for tomorrow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Valerius04

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 pm

After resting from clearing out the graveyard Val, went to see what needed to be done around the temple, he sent his psicrstal to the libary to see if could find any information on this Black Hand cult, and to see if it could drop in on any other conversations that might be of interest about the assassination attempt on the Lady Julia's life that might give them a clue as who to look for.he figured if he had time later in the day or perhaps the next to look into why demons would possibly want him and more imorptanly if he had arrived with out his godly powers and Melee was in a "weakend
state" what could be casuing the planes to not align correctly.Though on thing he had been unable to figure out thus far is if Melee still had power this far out then his by all rights should be too, unless there was something no one was telling him, and if so why would they keep such information from him, it didn't make since to him, he had know Melee for such a long time the two of them along with their other compainons had been through so much. She was there when he and Malaki had accended to Derity status..Something about this stituation seemed all wrong.....Val tried to push that thought to the back of his mind and focus on helping rebuild his friends temple..after all it was the least he could do now that he found himself once again mortal....Mortal that was something else to contemplate now, his resever of psionic power had been blocked as well and he found it not as easy as he remembered to unlock the power within his mind as he once had when he learned he was different from his younger brother.....
Back to top Go down
Vadagun

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm

After Vadagun gets up, and gets around for the day, he heads down to the Kitchen to see if they are needing him to work. On the way down he is hoping they won't need him for the day. As he is wanting to stop by the town guard office, to offer some temporary assistance in case they are shorthanded after the recent attack on the town. Whether it is helping to clean some of the aftermath, or standing guard at a post, Vadagun doesn't mind helping either way. He isn't particularly fond of standing guard as it can get rather boring, but he doesn't mind watching the people as they walk by....err well....some of the people anyways. If the guard is not in need of assistance he thought he would go find the local carpenter and see if the carpenter was needing help rebuilding any structures that could have been damaged in the recent attack. Even though Vadagun isn't exactly skilled with a hammer, he is figuring it can't be all that hard. Although he had thought the same thing about tying a knot in a rope.
Back to top Go down
Exiss

PostSubject: An Open Letter to All Who Are Able   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

To the head druid of the Circle of Light:

I wish to thank you for the acceptance of the creature who was sent to find you needing aid. It means very much to me knowing that this creature was able to find some refuge after the loss of his companions in a battle that should never have taken place. I plan to make amends for this, and I ask yet another favor of you. Be on the lookout for those who send scrolls and supplies for this creature in aid. I have taken it upon myself to reach contacts that I believe can help in restoring that which was lost. He was the victim of a sinister plot, and his hand was forced to partake in an evil scheme, and he should not be held responsible for the tragedies that befell him and those he loved.

Any aid that arrives, please direct to his village, or if you so choose since you know the area well, to deliver such aid personally. You have my most sincere thanks.

I pray your son is doing well after the incident with the bugbears and the assistance of those who were there during our battle. I am glad we were able to be present to assist in the struggle and avoid the loss of more innocents. If you continue to have trouble with these bugbears, do not hesitate to call for assistance. The goodwill and assistance you rendered us only fortifies our desire to help those in need. Blessings of Malee and the light upon you and yours.

-The Paladin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blessings to all from a follower of Malee.

I would like to extend a request that grieves me to the core, as there was an incident last night that should have been entirely avoided. A group of innocents were slain at the hands of my fellow travelers and myself in a state of misunderstanding. The loss of these creatures due to the ignorance of the situation and assumptions of a trap set is inexcusable. As a personal request from a follower of Malee and the light, I am extending this request to all that are willing and able. Four kobolds were slain and this must be rectified. While I had offered gold to help resupply the remaining live kobold of food and supplies, no price can be placed on his friends and family that were lost. To the druids that helped him, I personally thank you for your kindness and good deeds toward him and while he suffered the loss of his company, the loss need not be permanent.

Here is my request: to all who can resurrect, or provide a scroll to raise the dead, I ask that you travel to the Circle of Light, or send a scroll via delivery to the druids there. I have sent a letter beforehand alerting the druids to be on the lookout for such deliveries, and are aware of the locations of the buried deceased. While it saddened my heart to help bury those slain, I will atone for this by at least reducing the suffering of those affected by the loss of their fellow kobolds by removing the loss as quickly as possible.

Also be aware hat these kobolds were forced into a decision against their values at the expense of their livestock and food, and had they not taken this opportunity from this wicked illithid, they all would have starved to death. The illithid responsible for killing their livestock and tricking them into setting a trap for us -this horrible corruption and detestable act- has been dealt with and no longer will be able to corrupt any more creatures simply trying to live their lives in peace. If any so choose to offer donations or acts of goodwill and kindness to this group of kobolds who were so mercilessly involved in a game of survival have my blessings and thanks. I extend my gratitude for all assistance to these poor creatures who were so shamefully wronged, and may their suffering be minimized, and the unfortunate deaths atoned.

-The Paladin.
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Letter To Pally   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Letter to Pally:
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Flower Thoughts   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Behind the Scenes with Flower ---

Flower sighed and sat watching the party. Tonight had been a bit scary, uber mindflayers made her head hurt. She so wanted to be a part of the tale, but she knew right now that wasn't going to be possible. As she wrote in her journal, she secretly wished her hopes and dreams would come true just like all the stories about everyone else.

They hadn't figured out yet that she had been following them around, even though she'd been dropping hints like crazy. She knew they were smarter than this but until it became a priority she'd stay hidden. It was like a game to her and it made her giggle every time she thought about it. She'd hummed familiar tunes in their ears, healed them when needed, and poked them. The rogue had been the most fun to heal! Oh the look on her face was priceless!! So far the one smelling of rain had been her focus, time to bother the other dragon or the pally, who follows someone dear to her heart. This was more fun than she had had in years. Living the adventure was so much more fulfilling than just writing it!

Flower stared over at the sleeping party and grinned. She silently flew around in circles for awhile before reaching into her bag and pulling out a piece of parchment and an odd vial. She used the brush like end to coat one side of the parchment. The snoring from below made her grin widen. She flew down near the paladin and gently pressed the painted parchment to the front of his armor. Oh tomorrow morning would be SO entertaining! She gave a quiet snicker and returned to her watching post to wait out the night. The grin was still firmly in place.
Back to top Go down
Aglaia Lennox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:59 pm

So a new page has turned within our story. The players Val and Vad now realize who was the culprit behind sending them through the planes to Serenity. Airalophiles. A wizard of sorts and a well known friend of the two half dragons. Sent to this plane because there was a disturbance in the magic weave there. The Plane where Serenity was founded is a huge magic hub for the weave. Large pockets of magic dwell there. And to much to the parties dismay the reason for the disturbance...one word...Elder brain. Also, a short unpleasant visit from an Ulitharid struck a cord that this was not going to end well.

A trip in a mine shaft the players encountered Drow House leaders, they had been knocked out and rigged to explode if anyone tried to unbind them. So instead of Drow toss salad the rogue was able to disarm the trap and free them Unfortunately, one of the sisters was killed. The party made a deal to help find the Mindflayer that killed their sister.

As the players slept, they found the plot of the Elder Brain, to open a portal into this world and right into Underdark! A large pocket of psonic energy lies within its walls, armed with this knowledge the group swore to return to Underdark after first going to Moonshade to gather supplies and full fill other past agreements.

In Moonshade, the players took part in the Apple Festival Games! Though all did very well, Vad won the gold cup! The pally the silver and the humble rogue the bronze. Earning them a large chuck of gold for their pockets.

After fighting off a large troll, and half the party being either blown up or smashed, an Eltherial dragon appeared. Saying he was watching for their souls, he spoke of great things and unlocked their hidden potential. (Yes, he was an adult.)

More to come!! STAY TUNED!!
Back to top Go down
Valerius04

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 am

Val sat under the waterfall in the river and projected an arch of psionic energy to divert the water around where he sat and meditated.He focesed on trying to reach his home plan despretly hoping to be able to access a sliver of his former power but to no avail, the realems where still to far apart.Instead he focesed on recent events, most importantly the attack at Malee's tempale. It had been obvisus that this Black Hand group had wanted him and his compaions dead from the start, however he couldn't help but wonder if it was just him they were after and they just targeted those that where with him in order to coax him in to battle with them. But more importantly where did they fit in with this, was the Black Hand the lackys of the mindflayers or just another group sent by this unknown enemy? The thought of the mindflayers brought back a rush of painfull memories, Val's emotions begain to assulte him and the more he dwelt on the memories his psionic powers began to lash out hurling boulders into the forest from the river, makeing trees explode into a thousand splinters, making the river itself flow out of its banks.He then heard a voice inside his mind, at first he thought that the Ullithurad had found him and he tried to strike out at his enemy opening his eyes and drawing his falchion charged with power but instead of his enemy being struck, Val had cleaved a boulder that was twice his hieght and thick as the oldest oak tree in half.He relized that the voice was that of his psicrystal trying to help him regain controle of his power.He looked at the boulder adn thought what if that had been one of his compaions that had tried to snap him out of it, he would have killed them. To the outside obsever one would have thought Val was some kind of being from the Astral Plain, the psionic energy around him had manifested as a set of wings that looked like a dragon but yet trasparent and and his eyes seemed to glow with the same energy, as he turned his head and looked at what his power hard done it looked as if his eays left little tiny trails of energy.Val took a deep breath and calmed himself pulling back his power, letting the energy fade away and the water from the river return to its natural state.He seathed his sword, it had been many years since he had killed his son, and he could never forgive himself, he had not even told Malee of that incadent."Perhaps if I don't return to town it would be best for all of them. I could seek out the Annualls in the Underdark on my own.How could I sk them to possibly give their lives fighting thease monsters? This is MY fight, this is how I must attone for my sins.If I am to die a mortal than so be it.i can try to sneak back to the tempale tonight while everyone is asleep garther my things and head out for the Underdark myself, perhapes asking for the holy symbol was a bad idea but maybe it will give her a little more power in this realem to help protect those that follow her and her daughter. he looked up twoard the heavens "I know it won't bring you back my son...Kenshi..please forgive the rash acts of a father blinded by what he thought was best for our clan, I should have never taken you that day but now I shall avenge you or die trying.He said alloud as he bowed his head a let a single tear fall. It have been far to long since he said that name out loud. It had been far longer since he had returend home, after he had told his eldest son what had happened and the Leader of his clan he departed the realm and never returned, maybe if he somehow lived through this he would return and ask for his eldest son's forgiveness as well as his clansmen, he had robbed them of a great warrior that day.Val just set on the bank of the river and awaited night fall to gaether his things and head off to the Underdark alone.
Back to top Go down
Exiss

PostSubject: Update   Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 am

Activity : Staying around the temple and helping with veterinary/doctoral practices as profession.
Updated items : sold bracers of armor +2 and bought belt of giant's strength +4.
Back to top Go down
Valerius04

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Val walked the markets of Moonshade and had decided to sell his robes he had made in Serenity, with that money plus what they had divied up among themselves he though he would buy a pair of magical gloves(+4 dex) and a magical ring(ring of prot +2).He also took time to track down the wife of the miner that they were told to try and find to give her the will and diary they had found.After he had told the wife what had happened to her former husband and gave his condolences, Val went to the temple to procure 2 wand of cure light wonds(that had been modifed to cure vial damage) and a wand of cure mod. wounds with the same modification. Once the items were taken care of he decide to go to the Lady Julia's home to see if he could offer any more help with the attempts on her life or if he could perhaps gleam another vison of the attacks.

Last edited by Valerius04 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vadagun

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 pm

In the downtime Vad goes to the market to sell some old equipment, and some equipment that was picked up on their adventure thus far. After selling these items, he searches around for someone to enhance one of his scimitars further, and a shop to buy a couple potions (of cure serious to cure vial damage). Besides going to the market to depart with some current items, and shopping for new, he is going to spend his time exercising. Toning his body for whats to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serenity Bay    Serenity Bay  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Serenity Bay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming thoughts :: Play by Post-
Jump to: